English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing must view web pages on mobile models, web pages must be adaptable to a whole bunch of assorted show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you straightforward strategies to leverage WordPress to get in all probability probably the most out of responsive design, implement most interesting practices, automate important processes, and make your life less complicated normal. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Examine up-to-date most interesting practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping web page bloat for increased shopper experience whatever the shopper’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the principles you research to specific tutorials, harking back to setting up a photograph gallery, map internet web page, and merchandise internet web page.
* Examine when to rely upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Examine quite a few navigation methods, harking back to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select subject.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make photos reply to completely completely different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Acquire dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and check out your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.